Start with a short look into how we are vulnerable. See (Ways Youth Can Be Vulnerable to Human Traffickers) on this website. Lack of preparedness.
1 Notice, observe, draw back and take in what is happening
2. Too good to be true, someone comes into your life and says all the right things. Watch out for those who play on subjects you are keen about. (Porn)?
3. Have your own support group (family, friends, mentors, etc.) that lessens your need for love or caring from someone else
4. Claim your intuition, recognize how your intuition is really a gift to help you.
5. Always consult with someone you trust before making a big decision.
6. Be wise, be shrewd, be prudent, don’t allow yourself to be hurried. Think through consequences. Be aware of brain development, an immature pre-frontal cortex fails to see consequences, sometimes lacks good judgment.
7. Take someone with you if you are putting yourself into a risky situation.
8. Don’t get manipulated into doing something that supports the trafficker.
9. Remember who you are in Christ and in the long run, how that is what you stand for. Connivers seek to attack one’s sense of their identity and shift it.
10. Always keep in control. Don’t let charm, niceness, smooth talk sway you.
11. Remember you never are obligated to in some way return the favor given you. Setting up need to return a favor is a favorite ploy of a manipulator.
12. Look out for person who can’t take “No” for an answer. It is time to run!
13. Ask penetrating questions. Put possible schemer on the defensive.
(Some Scripture passages like Isaiah 58:6-12, II Samuel 13; Proverbs 1-7; Matthew 10:16; Luke 4:18, 19; Luke 20; Ephesians 1, 4 and 6 can guide us).
Contact Info: Websites: https://adultssavingkids.org or https://parentsarise.org Phone: Office: 612-869-5450 Cell: 612-708-1875 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Address: Adults Saving Kids 6501 Woodlake Drive, #814 Richfield, MN 55423